Friday, February 23, 2007

Breif Thoughts on Celebrity Drama

The last several weeks have been a three ring circus in the world of Hollyweird.

But the question is, why are we so insanely obsessed with Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears? Why do we care so much about the drama? Why do we feed it?

Why is there such an intense yearning of teens and twenty-somethings in Hollywood to take the partying and everything else they do to such an extreme? I just don't understand it.

But perhaps, since I've not lived the life of one who is famous and rich, and I've not had things handed to me on a silver platter, and I've come of age in a fairly normal fashion, I can't understand.

And it makes me thankful that I have had a normal life, with normal struggles, and normal boundaries. I can't say I'd have turned out differently had I been in their shoes.

No comments: