Saturday, June 30, 2007

"It's goin'."

Sometimes life gets to goin' and it seems like your in a car moving 90 to nothin' passing life by to where it becomes a blur.

I remember when I told myself long ago that I wouldn't let my life become that, and yet, often as of late, I have found myself sitting in that moving car going 90 to nothin'. Oft times, behind the wheel.

I think that perhaps I need to re-evaluate my priorities, and recall that the brake is there...you know, the short pedal on the left. :)

Being involved in extra activities is taking its toll on me. I'm finding that I don't have enough time for myself, to do things that I like to do that help me deal with stress in a positive way. I find myself reacting to situations in ways that aren't healthy or productive. My patience level is darn near zero.

I miss painting. I miss writing. Lately, I have been to tired or too busy to bother with starting a painting project or a writing project. And I'm really not taking as good of care of myself as I should, either, physically or spiritually.

So that has led me to the conclusion that I need to cut some things out of my life, and I have decided that at the end of this year I will go off of the board of an organization I'm involved in, and that less of my time will be devoted to my church.

I think that will be best for everyone involved. I don't feel like I'm able to devote the kind of effort that I feel is required of someone in the positions that I am in, and I would like to focus my attention to those things that I can be of real help with and have a real passion for. The spark is gone for the organization and for some things I am involved in at my church.

I am actively praying that whoever those people are that succeed me in these various duties...that there will be someone who has a love and a gift in these areas and can step in. And that I can continue with what needs to be done in the mean time.

So here's to hittin' the brake...but in a slow fashion as not to cause the back seat passengers to fly into the seat in front of them. ;)

No comments: